2. Combine the cornmeal and paprika in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs.
3. Cover the bottom of a heavy skillet with 1/2 inch of oil, then place it over medium-high heat.
4. Coat the tomato slices in the egg, then dredge them in the cornmeal mixture.
5. Fry as many tomatoes as fit comfortably in the pan until nicely browned, about 2 minutes a side.
6. Transfer them to a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat until all the tomatoes are cooked.
Wild Salad Mix-8 cups
Red Onion, sliced thinly~ 1/4 cup
Feta Cheese (optional) 1/2 cup
Yogurt Dressing prep~
1 cup greek style yogurt
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
Plate salad, then add 2 fried green tomatoes , top with dressing and sprinkle with feta cheese.
* use a foccacia style bread, or country style bread for a fried green tomato sandwich, the addition of bacon makes it heavenly.