Libbie Summers' Cocktail of the Week

     photo credit: Cedric Smith                                                                                      photo credit: Chia Chong

Libbie Summers is an expert at many things. She knows her way around a pig, for one thing. She's a expert stylist and crafty blogger, for certain.  Libbie showcases all these talents and interests through her cookbook, The Whole Hog; her blog, Salted & Styled; and throughout her lengthy career as a food and prop stylist. She threw us a bone (or a rib for that matter) when she gave us the recipe to this refreshing, citrus cocktail. Thanks, Libbie for making us hungry AND thirsty!

Straight from Libbie's mouth
I'm not positive, but I don't think it's a compliment when people say I didn't know you don't drink.

The fact is I do drink, considering myself a tactile alcoholic of sorts. You see, I like to hold a glass. I like to feel the chill of it's contents against the warmth of my palms and I long for the sound of ice cubes clinking against the side of good crystal. I love a colored straw. And, more than anything, I adore a fancy garnish. I may actually finish one drink over the course of a night, but I will order at least four so the drink always feels and appears fresh. I've noticed one of my friends has taken to never bringing her handbag when she knows I'll be attending a function. Instead of ordering (and paying for) her own libations...she's been secretly enjoying my wilted castoffs.

Kumquat Vodka Spritzer
(serves 1)

Ingredients:
2 kumquats
1 jigger Grey Goose® vodka
seltzer water

Directions:
Slice the kumquat into thin slices and twist each slice as you drop it into the bottom of a glass (releasing the juices and the oils into the glass). Pack the glass with ice. Pour in vodka, and top with seltzer. Stir and serve. 

** While you're at it, you have to check out Libbie's cookbook. Pork has never looked so beautiful.





Labels: , ,